Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Dental Work at Smiley Dental Center in Los Algodones, Mexico

Eric and I returned to Los Algodones to go to the dentist.  Eric had a Root Canal last month and needs a permanent crown.  Dr. Kelley recommended I get a crown on a
rear molar.

Los Algodones (the cottons) has many dentists.  Men walk the streets with cards for dental offices, trying to steer tourists to specific dentists.





Donna, a fellow RVer, gave me
a business card for Smiley
Dental Care.







She has been going there for years and highly recommends Dr. Barraza and his staff.





Eric & I brought our X-Rays
& treatment plans to 
Dr. Barraza to review.











Dr. Barraza and his staff are gentle practitioners.  Both Eric and I are pleased with our treatment and the results.

Eric had an unexpected root canal and got five crowns.  I got the crown for my rear molar. Our total bill was $2,900.00.  In the U.S., the cost for the work we had done runs from $10,000.00 to $15,000.00.

Thank you, Donna, for recommending Dr. Barraza.  We are delighted with his work, and the savings.

2 comments:

Merikay MacKenna said...

Rotterdam NY on Jan 10 and Los Algodoes, BC on Jan 12? Did you fly or drive full-time?

Ginny said...

We were in the Yuma area: I read my local papers every day & love to report on my local mall.

If someone needed a lot of dental work, it would be cheaper, with all travel expenses to fly in & get work done in Mexico.