Total Pageviews

Friday, March 31, 2017

Another Day, Another Drive... East to Wilmington, North Carolina

On the road again....





Eric & I continue east
on Interstate 20.







I saw before me a ribbon
of highway...




To the left of this RV's
rear window...

Back Off Or I'll Flush!




South Carolina is well known

One is included on their




Bogangles Famous Chicken 
& Biscuits sponsors
NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series
at Darlington Raceway.






We will take Exit 141 A
to Interstate 95 toward





I like taking pictures
of trees leafing out.





One of many South of the
along the highway.















Eric wonders why South of
the Border isn't replacing
faded signs.







We like the play on words.






S.O.B.
South of the Border
Water Tower





Pedro's famous sombrero's brim
 creates a place for visitors to stand
atop the observation tower.












Welcome to North Carolina
& Robeson County







Eric takes pictures
while I drive.





I turn onto US Routes
74 &76,





A crew is grooming the
roadside.




A worker picks up trash
in the median.

North Carolina DOT 
is getting ready for spring.




US Routes 76 & 74 split.

We take US 74 toward





The Entrance to the USS
North Carolina 
Battleship Memorial





We stop on the bridge & wait.













goes up.





A sailboat with a tall mast
starts to make its north
along the Cape Fear River.






Eric & I turn onto US
Route 117/North Carolina
Highway 132.











sign is unique.












... and here's our overnight
parking spot, Walmart.

No comments: