Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Lunch @ Sonic Drive-In, Palatka, Florida

Eric and I are "ticking off" another fast food restaurant on our "Eating at Popular Food Franchises List."  See: QSR's Fifty Food Franchises by Sales.





The first Sonic Drive-In 
opened in Shawnee,
Oklahoma in 1953.















It's been decades
since Eric & I ate
 at a large drive-in
 restaurant.















Sonic's varied menu is listed
on screens at each drive-in
parking spot.







Eric & I read the menu...

There's a lot to consider.






To get the most from our first Sonic dining experience, we decided to order from the Combo Menu. Lunch was delivered to our car.





Eric & I got the Sonic
Cheeseburger Lunch
Combo with Fries....











The Sonic Cheeseburger tastes a lot like a Burger King's Whopper with Cheese.  The Fries are quite good.





... & a Soda.













Sonic's Holiday Drink Cup advertises the Sonic App that offers Exclusive Deals.





Lunch for two came
to $10.69, with tax.












It's convenient to sit in the car and have our meals brought to us.  For me, the burger and fries were on a par with Burger King.  I'll have more to say about Sonic Drive-In after trying their Chicken Sandwiches and Hot Dogs.

This is the 26th restaurant Eric and I have eaten at from QSR's Largest Restaurant by Sales List.  Only 24 to go....

No comments: