Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Exploring WinCo Foods in Lancaster, California

Since Eric and I retired in 2012 I've developed a fascination with grocery stores.  We've visited more than twenty supermarkets across the US and Canada.




Eric saw the sign for WinCo Foods
& asked me if we'd ever been
in this supermarket.

We hadn't, so we must explore...





WinCo Is Employee Owned

They accept Cash & Debit
Cards only; no Credit Cards.





Eric and I split up.  I wander the store, camera in hand.






Looking at the warehouse
stocked with items, I am
reminded of Costco.






Stock is stored above
this open Cold Case.







The Fresh Produce seems to
go on and on...












Snacks galore...












The Candy Aisle












This no-frills store has a wide
variety of Canned Vegetables,
Canned Tomatoes, Spaghetti
Sauce, Salsa.






I found the Easter Candy &
Easter Accessories.





The Bulk Foods section
is HUGE!
 Eric told me about a store with an enormous Bulk Food Section last fall, when he went grocery shopping without me.  This must be the same company.





Coffee Beans, Single Serving
Coffee Cups for Coffee Makers
Fresh Roasted Specialty Coffee





Cheeses & Prepared
Sandwiches, etc. on
the right




Iced Tea, Snack Crackers
A free-standing Meat Case
in front of the Fresh Meats
Counter





Frozen Fish
Sodas on Sale
Beer







Coffee Creamers to the left

Dairy & Eggs to the right




Like everything else here,
the Frozen Food Section
seems to go on forever.






The Healthcare Aisle






Laundry Products








The Bakery





Pinatas are displayed
above the Bottled Water.






The Wine Aisles














I like WinCo Foods very much.  They have LOTS of everything here.  Many items are normally sized, an open invitation to take what I need now.  I don't have to split purchases with another person or couple because I have no room to store  "double pack" items and cases of canned goods.

No comments: