Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sampling Sonny's Real Pit BAR-B-Q's Specialties in Perry, Georgia

Eric found Sonny's Real Pit BAR-B-Q last week while he was shopping in Perry.  He was impressed with the Pulled Pork and promised to take me to lunch there.







Today Eric takes me through
a tour of Sonny's specialties.












The Salad Bar looks
great!







Sonny's Real Pit BAR-B-Q is a chain of 150+  restaurants in nine states.  The first Sonny's started slow cooking and serving the barbecue-loving public in Gainesville, Florida in 1968.  







The dining room
is homey.







I'm impressed by the menu on the website.  Each item has a link for possible allergies.  This feature is new to me and very welcome.









Some sections have
tables & chairs.













Eric chose Pork 3 Ways: Pulled
Pork, Sliced Pork & House











My lunch is Pulled Pork
on Garlic Bread with
Coleslaw.






Lunch was great!  This is Pulled Pork made the way I love it with large chunks of meat. Making the sandwich with Garlic Bread is genius!  The Pulled Pork is served without barbecue sauce.  There are four choices of Sonny's Real Pit BAR-B-Q Sauces to choose from to add flavors to the meat.   I prefer my Pulled Pork without additional flavors.

Eric already knew he would love the Pulled Pork.  The Sliced Pork and Dry Rub Ribs were very good. The Macaroni and Cheese was very cheesy and the Baked Beans were perfect.  Eric was getting full so I ended up with an extra slice of Garlic Bread.

We will be looking for Sonny's Real Pit BAR-B-Q as we continue to travel through the Southeast this winter.

No comments: