Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Little Bit of Back Story

Eric and I have wanted to travel extensively for many years.  Work, finances and family commitments have kept us from month long trips across country, cruises, trips to Europe and Central America. 

We love camping and over the years, we have slept on the ground in sleeping bags, graduated to a tent, camped out of a van, had a really old pop up trailer, an old pop up trailer and graduated to a twenty-five foot trailer.  Camping near cities and attractions has been a great way for us to go places and see new things.  Travel and sight seeing aside, I find it restful to return to my own accommodations and enjoy the outdoors after a day of making memories. 

I prefer to use my own pillows, sheets, towels, dishes....  I like to do my own cooking.  We've played games, gone for hikes, bike rides and enjoyed a campfire at the end of the day. 

Adam and Diane are on their own and Eric and I are just getting older.  It's time to prepare for life on the road.  Hopefully, many years on the road.  We realize that we will miss our family and friends.  We are grateful for the internet, email, twitter, facebook, skype.  These technologies keep us in touch with family and friends.  We will keep up with local news and use the internet for problem solving.

1 comment:

lajuene said...

Awesome post. We are really looking forward to this. We have to be careful not to move too fast. Permanent holiday??