Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Northwest to Billings, Montana





Eric & I leave Rushmore Shadows
Resort our drive to Billings,








Today's drive starts out on 
Interstate 90 West.





It's an easy drive...




We leave Interstate 90 for a
drive through Sturgis.





The terrain becomes more
rugged.




Eric & I detour through Deadwood.

I want to return here to soak up its
history from the Gold Rush days on.





Windrowing cut hay
next to the road.





Welcome to Wyoming
from about 12 miles away.












Eric turns onto Wyoming Highway
24 East to get a closer look at
Devil's Tower.






The road winds around
mountains...





Cattle graze in nearby fields.





Wind & rain created these
rock towers.

Eric pulls over so I can get a pic of the Welcome to Montana sign.






It's my turn to drive.




Eric's signature feet shot...

I turn onto US Route 212
toward Billings.





I pull off the road to get lunch
at Outside The Shell Food Truck 
near the Tongue River.




Eric & I share Alaskan Cod Fish
& Chips.

Yum!





Eric & I drive past evidence
of the August 8, 2021 fire.







Most of Montana is in a drought.  Fires compound the effects of a region in need of increased rainfall.





Traffic comes to a halt.

One driver gets out to
stretch is legs.





We drive past a Miller in this
miles long Construction Zone.




The road follows the contour
of the Plains that stretch
before us.




Returning to 
Interstate 90 West




Billings is 55 miles
away.





I love this picture of the
curving highway.





This is our Exit.





Eric & I are spending the
night at a Walmart in
Billings.


No comments: