Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Physical Therapy with Ray at Swedish American Outpatient Therapy Services in Rockford, Illinois

We left Winnebago's Grand National Rally at 9:00 am.  Eric drove six hours to Rockford, Illinois.  My first Physical Therapy appointment is at Swedish American Hospital Outpatient Therapy Services at 4:30 pm.

While registering for the appointment by phone with Grace, Eric asked permission to stay the night in the parking lot.  Grace contacted security got permission for us to park in the south end of the parking lot. This is greatly appreciated.  I don't know how I'll feel after the appointment and Eric drove six hours with just two short breaks.  He's done enough driving for one day.









We had over an hour to rest
before my appointment.









Let's get started....




Lee had my paperwork ready to go.  She's fascinated by our lifestyle and the arrangements we've made to ensure I am getting care in a timely manner.








Ray reviewed Physical Therapy
notes from Regions Hospital





Ray introduces me to
strengthening exercises.

My left hip & knee need
to be strengthened.








I am to do leg lifts while
lying on my stomach.










Lifting my heel allows me
to stretch out my hamstring.

This stretch hurts...



Ray is measuring current
 my ankle.

He showed me range of
motion exercises.

I've got a lot of work to
do to regain range of motion.









Sliding my foot toward me
on the floor works on my ankle
& stretches my ham string.



I made arrangements for Ray mail my Physical Therapy report so I could share it with the next therapist.  I don't know when my next appointment will be - I have to see an Orthopedic Surgeon and get an x-ray before more appointments for Physical Therapy can be made.

I thanked Ray for his time, said goodbye to Lee and Eric wheeled me out to the motorhome. About 45 minutes later, there was a knock on the door.  It was Ray!  He stayed late to complete my report, printed a copy and brought it to me.  Ray, you are awesome!!!

No comments: