Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

McAlister's Deli in Indianapolis, Indiana


 Eric and I stopped at McAlister's Deli.  We wanted to try 
something different and this caught our eye.  

 McAlister's is a chain, with locations in 23 states.  Retired dentist, Dr.Don Newcomb, started the business in Oxford, Mississippi.

The company prides itself on freshly made food.  

The menu includes wide variety of sandwiches, large baked potatoes, salads, soups and desserts.  According to the company website, fried and greasy foods are not served.


 The decor reminds me of Grandma's house.



The McAlister's Club Sandwich is a super duper BLT with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Black Forest Ham, Turkey, Swiss, American Cheese and Honey Mustard.  Yum!  I tried the Chicken Tortilla Soup, and was disappointed.  This is the second time I've tried Chicken Tortilla Soup while we have been traveling.  I won't do that again.  The Point in Schenectady makes the best Chicken Tortilla Soup I've ever eaten.  

No comments: