Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 23, 2017

BBQ @ Original Willie's Bar-B-Q in Alamo, Texas

Eric and I have a hankering for BBQ.  Eric wants Beef Ribs.  I want Pulled Pork.  Original Willie's Bar-B-Q in Alamo has good Yelp reviews, so....





... we drove to Alamo to
try out their cooking.







Sheriff Bear is in the
Holiday mood.




Set a spell beneath the skull
of a Texas Longhorn Cow.
















Eric reads the Menu 
carefully...










... while I admire the 8
Point Buck full chest
mount decorated with
Christmas ornaments.






I like the rustic decor. 






The doors in the adjacent
room are mounted on a
track.






I have a flashback to the barn my Aunt Ernestine and Uncle Tally converted into a camp in Guilderland, New York.  Yes Capital District readers, there were and may still be camps where people spend their vacations at in this Albany suburb.




Flashbacks of my Aunts'
camp continue as I see
the round beer trays that
decorate the wall.






Pilsen Brewery's Yusay Beer was popular in its day.  The company closed in 1962.    Hamm's Brewing Company moved from Minnesota to Wisconsin during its 100 plus year history.  





Eric shows off his
Beef Rib.

That's a lot of meat!














Rice, Coleslaw, Pickles &
Onions come with my






The Beef Ribs have a yummy smokey flavor.  The BBQ Sauce is sweet.  My Pulled Pork is also smokey good.  The Rice is cooked just right and the Coleslaw has raisins and apples.  Add Walnuts and it would be a Waldorf Salad.  Delicious!

Though full, Eric and I talk of visiting more BBQ restaurants to try out others' recipes.  

No comments: