Total Pageviews

Friday, December 8, 2017

33 Degrees & Snowing in Harlingen, Texas

Eric and I knew that it would get down into the 30s in Harlingen last night and that today's rain would continue.  I chose to ignore rumors of snow as I added a fourth blanket to our bed.





In the morning our
thermometer shows
that it's cold enough
for snow.




Yup, we have snow here in
 Harlingen, 38 miles from










This is the second time Eric and I have been near the Mexico border in Texas and the second time we've encountered seriously unseasonable weather.  In November 2013, Eric and I were stopped in Langtry, Texas because of icy roads.  





Sigh...  Snow blankets our
Jeep & covered bikes.






Minus the Palm Trees, I
am reminded of an early
in November 2014.





Today's Deep South snow is newsworthy.  This is one of the many articles I found on our wintry weather.





Eric & I will keep ourselves
busy with indoor activites
as we wait for warmer
temperatures & snow melt.





I look forward to the return of warm sunny days so I can fully explore Tropic Winds RV Resort.  Eric and I look forward to visiting area attractions and Progreso, Mexico.





This piece of Palm Frond hit the
roof of our motorhome.

Even though it's big, it weighs
almost nothing & didn't
damage the roof.

No comments: