Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Shopping @ Zipps Liquor & SPEC'S Wine,Spirits and Finer Foods in Conroe, Texas

Beaujolais Nouveau Day, November 16, 2017 has come and gone.  Eric and I have a few days to search for this year's "young wine" while we stay at Thousand Trails RV Camping Resort in Willis.

Nearby Conroe has several liquor stores....






No Beaujolais Nouveau at






Don't be sad...  I found Flor de Cana Anejo Oro Four Year Rum.  Eric and I have fond memories of Flor de Cana from our extended stay in Nicaragua in December 2012 and January 2013.  Eric found TAAKA Vodka, bottled in Frankfort, Kentucky...  In the land of Whiskey and Bourbon, is there a smooth Vodka distilled from Grain?  I will report back...

The Manager at Zipps Liquor gave us directions to SPEC'S Wine, Spirits and Finer Foods and wished us well on our quest to find Beaujolais Nouveau 2017.  





I asked an employee about
Beaujolais Nouveau 2017
& he walked me over to
their display.









Should we buy a
bottle, or two?

Let's buy a case...
Most years it's
delicious.












Eric and I shopped hard and are sure that we have stocked up for the winter...

Beaujolais Nouveau, Taylor Port, Deep South Egg Nog,
de Cana Anejo Oro, Taylor Dry Sherry
The tiny bottles are: 
Snickerdoodle Liqueur & flavored 
Three Olives Vodkas.

SPEC's has a 10 percent case discount, which was used on the box of Beaujolais Nouveau and a cash discount for all purchases.  The discounts were a nice bonus.  Eric and I can now celebrate the holidays in style...

No comments: