Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rowan Memorial Park in Salisbury, North Carolina

I love cemeteries.  I think they are beautiful.  I love to read the markers.  The statues, benches and mausoleums are works of art to admire.  For many years, cemeteries were community parks.  People would take picnic lunches to cemeteries after church on Sunday afternoons.

A cemetery doesn't have to be old and moss covered to catch my attention.  Rowan Memorial Park has an eye catching statue that lead me to stop and visit.









This statue of Moses dominates
Rowan Memorial Park.









This statue is winsome.








Like many park-like cemeteries,
Rowan Memorial Park combines
nature & art to comfort those
experiencing loss.



Strangers, like me, come to visit, admire the art and leave knowing that all who enter are cared for... Each according to their need.

No comments: