Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Unpacking and Settling In At Home

Two packages were waiting for us when we arrived at Integrity RV Service Center.  Eric ordered new batteries for our computers.  It's great that I no longer have to keep the computer plugged into an outlet at all times.  The second box was oh, so exciting.....

 After I photographed the monkey in the tree during our trip to Emma's farm on December 26, I decided that I wanted a better camera.  The five megapixel camera we've owned for about 14 years works great, BUT, I can't get photos of monkeys in trees that do these creatures justice.

Well, Eric heard my request and started shopping on Amazon.com to find a few cameras for me to choose from.











I chose the Sony Cyber-shot
18.2 megapixel camera.




Eric ordered it and the camera was delivered to his Mom's house in Rotterdam, New York. Then, we both thought about the delivery site.  Eric and I won't be home until May and I can't wait that long before I start using my new camera.

Ever the problem solver, Eric asked his brother, Mark, to mail the camera to Dean at Integrity RV Service Center in Douglasville, GA.  That way, the camera will be at our motorhome when we arrive on January 16, 2013.  The camera, extra batteries and two 32 gigabyte memory cards were waiting for me.  Yipee!  I carefully emptied the packing peanuts from the box, not wanting to accidentally throw anything away.












And I found....
Genuine New York
State Snow!

Mark new we were missing it.















This snow is from the grill of
Mark's truck.  Oh no!
A shipping malfunction occurred.



It's time to unpack our bags, do some laundry and pay the bill for storing the RV and work we had done on it. The toilet seal needed to be replaced and we had the SeeLeveL Tank Monitor System installed.  Now we have precise readings on our Fresh, Grey, Black and LP Gas tanks.

I'll clean the rig while Eric goes grocery shopping.  We need to start restocking our refrigerator.  It was turned it off after we emptied it.  Then I cleaned it and left the doors open to air out while we were in Nicaragua.

It's raining here in Georgia, so we don't feel we're missing out on anything as we "put our house in order."

No comments: