Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Lost Sock Bubble Mat in Forest City, Iowa

Life is full of mundane tasks.  A rainy day is a good day to do laundry at Lost Sock Bubble Mat in Forest City






It's a great name for a
Laundromat.












The $2.00, single load
Washing Machines











Multiple load Washing Machines
Cost: $3.25 to $4.75 per load












The Dryers cost $1.50 
per cycle.





Vending Machines

 

There's a Detergent Machine and Change Machine here too.  Sadly, this cute little Laundromat is not well cared for.  It's dirty.  I wiped down every machine I used, as well as the table I put my laundry bag on. 

The machines I chose to use worked fine.  I was happy to wait outside in my car while our laundry was washed and dried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Filthy laundromat! Half the machines don’t work. You never get your money back. The washing machines smell like cigarette smoke. The bathroom door doesn’t close and the vending machines look they’ve been empty for years!!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to say they are working hard on keeping it clean as of late. I am a Forest City resident that loves to camp at Pammel Park and I patronize this Landry mat once a week during the summer months. It's obvious they are taking better care of it. So much so, that while I was here I swept the whole floor. It can get pretty messy when people don't clean up after themselves. There is A broom and dustpan provided.
I know there are people in town that have to use this laundry mat BUT I believe the source of there income is more RVers, that have came in, walked right back out and went to Mason City. So keeping it clean is necessary