Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 11, 2018

A Light Dinner @ Passports Restaurant in Gloucester, Massachusetts





Eric & I are at Passports
 Restaurant for dinner.

We were very impressed
with their menu during
our first visit in 2010.






We walk into the main
dining room, with the
bar at the rear of
the room.




A close up of the bar shows
draft & bottled beers &
part of the wine selection




Local artists' paintings
are on display, with
their prices.




Eric & I are seated in the
quiet side room.

Siting alone here, he & I
enjoy an intimate
moment....





Our water glasses &
my Popover.












That's right people, the complimentary bread is a fresh, warm Popover.  This light, eggy roll calls out for butter...   Dee-licious!





Passports' menu is
encased in this
embossed folder.











Two diners arrive and start a quiet conversation.





Eric & his Left Hand
Milk Stout












I order a Raeburn Chardonnay from the Russian River Valley in California.  Eric and I visited this region in March 2014 and visited Korbel Winery.  I must sample other wines from this white grape growing area.

The Milk Stout is flavorful and smooth.  My Chardonnay is light and crisp, with light fruity notes.  It's an excellent choice.

Eric and I decide to share our small dinners....




Eric's Ahi Tuna sits atop a
 a bed of Guacamole with
Tri-Color Tortilla Chips










My choice is two Maryland
style Panko Crusted Crab
Cakes with Sriracha 
Mayonnaise.





Eric enjoys the flavor combination his Tuna and Guacamole on Tortilla Chips.  My mild Crab Cakes are perfectly prepared.  The spicy Mayonnaise is a delicious accompaniment.  Sharing our meals doubles our culinary experience.

Passports Restaurant is continuing to serve a delicious variety of foods and will continue on our  "must visit while in Gloucester list."

No comments: