Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Saint Patrick's Day Lunch @ Cosmo's Restaurant & Bar in Orange Beach, Alabama

Alabama's Gulf Shores doesn't do Saint Patrick's Day parades.  Some restaurants and bars advertise a festive menu and green drinks.  The decision to ride bikes narrowed our choices.




Cosmo's Restaurant & Bar
is 3.7 miles from our
  campsite at Gulf Shore







Diners sit on the patio &
wait for a table when
it's busy.








I like the brightly painted walls
& artwork









The nautical theme works
well in this area.









The dog art is cute!




The Bar






I head outside....  It's too beautiful to stay inside.





Eric is ordering green




I love the scrap metal
dog that guards the
outdoor bar.




A local musician plays




Others are dining
Al Fresco too.




Eric with our Corned Beef &
Cabbage Dinners & Boxtys,
Skillet Fried Potato Pancakes










The Corned Beef and Cabbage is excellent!  The Boxtys have a pancake consistency and the Horseradish Creme has a delicate flavor.  I think they're very good.   Eric prefers my Latkes, which are made with more coarsely shredded potatoes.  

Now, he wants Latkes, which I don't want to make in our motorhome, because they are fried.  I can use our Portable Induction Cooktop outdoors, or use my mother-in-law's kitchen after Eric and I return to Rotterdam, New York.  

I need a drink after all this discussion of where to fry Latkes. 





We ordered Green Shamrocks...
Captain Pineapple, Blackberry,
Banana & Rum Finished with
Pineapple & Orange Juice,
Topped Myers Rum & a
Pinch of Luck from a
Leprechaun







Eric and I are now properly hydrated.  Let's go find an Irish Bar.

No comments: