Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2018

The Martelli Quilting System @ The 2018 Quilt Show in Pensacola, Florida

My brief foray into quilting was simple and functional.  I made two Nine Patch quilts and one Flying Geese quilt.  Like my Grandmother's and Mother's quilts, I included blocks made from my children's clothing. The quilts were "tied off," with no complex stitching patterns across the body of my quilts.

The art of quilting is on display at the 2018 Quilt Show.  The vendors here supply the equipment and accessories needed for stitched quilting projects.





Advances in technology
make Martelli's Quilting 
System innovative.








The most common square
 sizes are highlighted on
the measuring mat.






The templates hold the fabric to the board and don't slide, making cutting more accurate and uniform.





This Rotary Fabric Cutter
had been designed for
ergonomic comfort.








I watch the demonstration
& learn a new term...

Fussy Cutting is cutting a
piece of fabric to showcase
a picture or print in a quilt.








Think of a Comic Book Quilt with Wonder Woman, Superman and The Flash.  Each character would be cut out of pieces of fabric and strategically placed on the quilt to pull the theme together.





This system is more than a
cutting mat & templates.

The table's height is 
adjustable.

It tilts too!



I am learning A LOT about quilting equipment and accessories as I browse Martelli's website. There's an entire industry devoted to supplying quilters with a wide range of products to meet their needs.

No comments: