Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Shopping @ Rouses Market in Covington, Louisiana












My fascination with grocery stores started with a visit to Piggly Wiggly in Manchester, Alabama in January, 2013.  I like to walk around them, take pictures and see what there is to see.  Since then, I've blogged on stores from New York to California, Florida to British Columbia and Alaska.  I love finding a new supermarket to explore.





Rouses has delivery.

That's a great service.





The Produce Section




It's easy to open up
produce bags with
this type of
dispenser.










Founded in 1960, Rouses Markets operates 47 stores in Louisiana and 8 stores in Mississippi and Alabama.





Blooms has beautiful
arrangements & offers
 the make your own
 bouquet option.





The Bulk Foods
Section




Rouses has a good
selection of wines
& spirits.





The Beer Aisle...




.... is next to the walk in
Cold Case.










Tee Shirts are on display
next to Frozen Foods.












The staff is busy filling in merchandise as I walk the aisles.






The results look great.









Rouses sells bulk
candy too.




The Salad Bar has
lots of selections.
 





The Delicatessen
& Fresh Baked
Goods...




regional specialty.









Meats & Poultry
behind pallets of
Charmin & Sodas











The Dairy Case







I chatted with Maria while she stocked the Dairy Case.  She was proud to tell me that Rouses is a local chain and that this is store has the second highest sales.  






 Eric & I meet at Checkouts.






Eric & Abita Brews...










I like Rouses Market.  The staff is friendly and proud of their work.  Merchandise displays are well stocked and the prices are reasonable.  

No comments: