Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 15, 2018

A Stroll Along Alabama's Coastal Bird Trail in Spanish Fort, Alabama






Follow the signs...




... & read the warnings to
watch for Snakes &






... before walking the East Mobile - Eastern Shore, Mobile Bay Causeway and Blakeley Island Loop.  




At midday I don't expect
to see many birds.

Bird watching is best at
dawn & dusk while birds
are feeding.




That's OK.  The views on this section of Mobile Bay is beautiful.






through the shallow
 water.







It's moving toward
waterside reeds.







Looking south to Interstate 10.






I wish I had a more
detailed shot to
identify this bird.






The boardwalk extends
into a reedy area.







I scan the deck of the boardwalk for snakes.






It's so peaceful here.





Looking east, I see the
Mobile skyline.






On my walk back to the
trail head, I see the
waterside RV campsites.






The second RV on the right is our motorhome.






Returning to dry land.







It's time for lunch.

No comments: