Total Pageviews

Monday, April 13, 2015

Walking Past the White House in Washington, D.C.

I wrote my Congressperson and requested tickets for a White House tour in December, 2014 and didn't receive tickets for a tour of the White House.  I think I should write my Congressperson and ask for tickets at least a year before a planed trip to Washington, D.C.

Today's walk took Eric and I past to Pennsylvania Avenue an the White House.

Constructed from 1792 to 1800, every president since 
John Quincy Adams has lived here.

An early blooming Cherry Tree announces that spring has arrived.





Nearby is a small number
of protesters.

This man is protesting the
deaths of Palestinians.






The history of Israel is the story of deaths... Palestinian an Israeli.







This display protests Israel's







Since becoming an independent country in 1948, there has been no permanent solution for displaced Palestinians in Gaza.

Freedom of speech is on display within sight of the our president's home.  I am proud to be an American.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they still doing the tours by Congressman? I heard they stopped that for a while. sue black

Ginny said...

I wrote my Congressman in December 2014, when Eric & I decided to return to Washington, D.C. I never got a reply. Sigh....