Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Part of My History Went Up in Smoke on April 23, 2015

My mother-in-law, Jerry, told Eric and me about a house that burned early Thursday morning on Sixth Avenue in the Mont Pleasant section of Schenectady.  She asked what our address was when we lived on that street 35 years ago.... We lived in the upper flat of a two apartment home at 1343 Sixth Ave.



I never took a picture of our
home in Mont Pleasant.

Pic from Zillow.com








Pic from Trulia.com








Jerry thinks the house that burned was 1341/1343.  Eric and I were out with her this afternoon and went to Mont Pleasant to see the house that burned.






Photo from the
Daily Gazette
April 23, 2015







As Eric drove down Sixth Avenue, toward Congress Street, we saw the cordoned off area.
The house that burned is the one Eric and I lived in from 1979 to 1982.







This is all that's left of
our former home.







This part of my life history has gone up in smoke.

April 29, 2015:  Eric and I saw our former downstairs neighbor, Raylene.  We reminisced about our time as neighbors and agreed that it's a shame that the house was destroyed.

On April 30, 2015, there was a third fire in Mont Pleasant.  It and the two houses that burned on April 23 are considered to be of suspicious origins.  

No comments: