Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Walkabout Camp & RV in Woodbine, Georgia... I Love the Name!






Eric & I are using our
RPI Camping Membership
to get a discount at
Walkabout Camp & RV Park.






I like the name of the RV park and the boomerangs on the sign.  I bet there's a story behind both.  The owners relocated in the US from Australia in 2006.  Walkabout generally means an interruption from one's regular routine for a journey.  It was popularized in the movie, Crocodile Dundee.







The Office








I struggled to find a good title for my blog in 2012.  All the great RV blog titles were already in use.  I was discouraged from using "roam" or "roaming" in my blog title because those two words remind people of Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease.  After wracking my brain for weeks, I finally decided on Walkabout With Wheels, as Eric and I are on a journey.  

Eric and I are happy to stay at Walkabout Camp and RV Resort.  There is one rule that is strictly enforced here...  Make sure that you relax and have fun during your stay.







The Pool & Club House













The Basket Ball Court












The Laundry Room has
a magazine rack.

I like it.






The washers & dryers are
available 24 hours
a day.








The Bloke's Restroom
includes showers.








As does the Sheila's
Restroom.










Walkabout Camp and RV Park has forty full hook up campsites with 30 or 50 amp electric service.   Wifi is free here and works well.







The camp ground is set
up with pull through
sites.











Chickens roam around
Walkabout Camp &
RV Park.

Eggs are $3.50 a dozen.











We are settled in for
one week.






Eric and I will go on walkabout now....

No comments: