Total Pageviews

Friday, January 30, 2015

It's an Okefenokee Day: The Chesser Island Boardwalk & Owls Roost Tower






is .75 miles long & ends
at the Owl's Roost Tower.







Eric and I will look for wildlife as we walk along.






The boardwalk & tower were
rebuilt after they were
destroyed by fire in 2011.





After a few minutes, Eric & I
enter the area that burned
in 2011.








I watch Insects "dance"
on pools of water.





One of the covered
observation decks
along the boardwalk





At a distance, I thought I was
looking at a turtle...

It's a piece of plastic.











Eric uses his monocular
to look for wildlife.












wade nearby.







Egrets & Vultures
take off.


 The Okefenokee Swamp is home to Black and Turkey Vultures.






This observation deck has
telescopes for visitors
to use.








The rebuilt Owls Roost



























A blue sky with fluffy clouds
melts into open water &











 Eric scans the sky for birds, the water for
alligators & the land for animals.






Looking down at the deck,
I find a small green Lizard.










I stopped short...

Is that an Alligator's snout
poking out of the water?

No... It's a tree stump.










We watched a Vulture soar
above us on our walk back
to the car.

No comments: