Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher






Fish statuary grace the front of
the North Carolina Aquarium
at Fort Fisher.







This aquarium focuses on coastal fish, reptiles and birds that are found along the southern coast.






Divers are getting ready to go
under water to clean the tank.













The Longnose Gar swim away
from the human intruders.










Just please stay off
the plants.













I'm glad there's glass between
me & the poisonous









stealthy hunter.

Its eyes & nostrils are located above
the water, allowing it to float
along without arousing nearby
prey.








The Albino Alligator has a
self satisfied grin.

Because of its pigment, it isn't
adapted for life in the wild.

Everyone can see it coming.











A Horseshoe Crab floats by in
a shallow aquarium.






A staff member shows a little
boy the Horseshoe Crab's
legs & body.











We are here in time for
 the Dive Show.

It's very popular.






Eric & I pose within a
Great White Shark's
open jaw.














Translucent Jellyfish
fill a tank.









The Lobster is curious,
or bored.






This Lionfish gracefully
floats along its tank.












Children can blow off steam
at the aquarium's playground.












Save some time for
bird watching....

A Great Egret sits &
stare into the pond.







I learned a lot during my visit to North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher.  Albino Alligators are easy to avoid.  I'll be watching the "logs" carefully because they could be American Alligators.  Snakes, I always avoid them.  In my most primitive brain, I believe that all snakes are poisonous.

No comments: