Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Franklin County Courthouse in Malone, New York









The Franklin County Courthouse
 is the center of information
for the county.













Information on real estate 
transactions is kept at the 














I searched the Grantors 
& Grantees Indexes






There's my grandfather's
name listed.

The number of the deeds
index and page are also listed.








Here's a copy of the deed. 
For a small fee, I'll get 
a copy.  

Next step:  Find the farm
& take photos.






On my way out, I looked at the Franklin County Map and realized that Harrietstown in in the southern section of the county.  My grandfather moved the family to Ampersand Avenue in Saranac Lake, a hamlet in Harrietstown, by the 1930s.  I have to go back and find the deed to the house on Ampersand Avenue.  

This is great!  I wasn't expecting to find the deeds to two real estate transactions in one place.  Thanks Grandpa, for not moving the family out of Franklin County before the final move to Albany, New  York.

No comments: