Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Driving Southwest to East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania





Eric & I leave Rondout Valley
Resort & wave goodbye to 

I think the SAMS Rock I
still there.











Our drive starts out on
US Route 209 South.

Though labeled a South, this
route runs southwest.













The overcast sky
threatens rain.










added to eaves of the oldest
section of this house.





The empty road reminds
me of our drive east in
the Spring.



Welcome to Phillipsport

One of Sullivan County






Our drive takes Eric & me
onto New York State
Route 17 East.




Next turn...










I catch the Elevation Sign
1254 Feet

(This type of sign is easy
to miss on a drive.)





Sign, sign, everywhere a sign...





Welcome to Pennsylvania
pursue your happiness





Welcome to the
Pocono Mountains







Like the Catskill Mountains, to the north in New York State, the Poconos are a glaciated plateau.





These trees with flowers in
July catch my eye...

My best guess is that they





Please correct me if I've misidentified this tree.  





Exit 46 takes us onto
US Route 6
toward Milford...







.. and more signs...




US Route 6 East takes us through
Milford before becoming




Moderate
TODAY!





This section of the road
reminds me of an arbor.




The National Recreation Area
includes the Pocono Environmental










Utility Trucks carrying new
Telephone Poles are driving
northeast.



Eric turns off of US Route
209 South & follows minor
roads to Thousand Trails







He walks back to our our
motorhome after
registering at the Office.









We chose Site 123 because it
 has open sky above for our

We have water, 50 amp electric
service & a sewer connection.








This Campground has a lot
of paperwork for us to read.

It's a colorful collection
for us to wade through.

No comments: