Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 5, 2013

The 53rd Annual Stockade Walkabout: The Goodrich House in Schenectady, New York

The Goodrich House at
N. Ferry & Union Streets 

Originally built for the Schenectady Academy in 1785, the building was occupied by Union College from 1796 to 1804.  From 1805 to 1815 the building was Schenectady City Hall.  In 1850, H.S. Barney of the Barney's Department Store,. purchased and renovated the property to use as his home.  In 1950, James Goodrich bequeathed the building to First Presbyterian Church.  It is now used for church offices, youth activities and a missionary residence.

This house has beautiful crown
molding, peer mirrors &
marble fire places.

Small details say a lot....

This model ship represents
the reverend's love of the sea.

Ceiling to floor peer mirror

Souvenirs from Germany include

There's a plant in the recess
of the stairway.

The recess made it possible
to move large items up &
down the stairs.

No comments: