Total Pageviews

Monday, September 7, 2020

Riding the Thermal Belt Rail-Trail in Forest City, North Carolina

Our 2004 Winnebago Vectra is in a work bay at Freightliner Factory Service Center.  Eric and I have to fill our day with...  What?





We start with a bike ride on the Thermal Belt Rail-Trail in Forest City, North Carolina.










The southern end of the
trail starts southeast of
 Forest City.






I like this newly paved
Rail Trail.





We pass the remains of an
old factory.





I follow Eric onto the bridge









The metal chimney caps on
 this house catch my eye.





The Rest Room with
Bike Repair Station










The Fitness Stations are across
from the Rest Rooms.





Local Nursing Students are
providing Free Blood
Pressure Checks today.











A trailside motorhome












Carolina Fixadent does
Paintless Dent Repair
on cars & trucks.







Eric approaches the motorized
 Trail Vehicle




It's towing an oversized
leafblower that clears
the trail.








Eric shows me a wrench from










Forest City
Water System
Water Tower



I leave the painted rock I
found in Hanover, PA
on a picnic table near




This derelict house reminds me
of the abandoned homes Eric 
& I saw in Detroit, Michigan.









Main Street, Forest City
245-9859








Eric & I rode 11.9 miles & 
I'm rounding up to 12 miles.

The Thermal Belt Rail-Trail 
is a very nice ride.













We will ride this trail again the next time Eric and I are in Gaffney for chassis maintenance.

It's lunchtime.  Eric and I return to Gaffney for Chinese Take Out at Hong Kong Express.  

No comments: