Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Downtown Gaffney, South Carolina

Eric and I still have time to kill while we wait for our 2004 Winnebago Vectra's chassis maintenance to be completed.

We decide to visit downtown Gaffney.  This is our fifth trip for service at Freightliner and we've never been downtown.






City Hall was built in 2005.










First Baptist Church 
was built in 1951.

The Congregation has 
been active since 1878.














Eric gets a shot of me
walking beneath the
Firetruck's Ladder.




He thinks this is
bad luck.

I'll prove him
wrong...







The Michael Gaffney Cabin
was built in 1804, by the
community's founder.









Eric & me in front of 
Gaffney's Carnegie
Library.






Built in 1914 with funding from the Carnegie Foundation, the library was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.














No stumbles, yet...






The Gaffney mural
is charming.




This early 20th Century building
features a Greek Pediment
with Dentils.











I cross the street without mishap.






I love this building!








The cornice is made of bricks.  Beneath are arched windows and a corner terrace with a marble column.  The corner entry features a column, creating a spacious entry.





Buillt in 1899, this old hotel
has businesses on the first
floor.





Harold's Restaurant was featured





& Art Gallery is housed in
the former Post Office.







I haven't even stubbed my toe.






Early 20th Century buildings
share the block with a 1960s
metal tile front building.




The Coca Cola Ghost Sign
is living history.








Eric and I stroll back to our car and there was no bad luck this afternoon.

No comments: