Total Pageviews

Monday, December 9, 2019

Frank Lloyd Wright Designed Home in Phoenix, Arizona





Eric & I take a right turn
onto 36th Street in
Phoenix.





We drive up this narrow
street to....




















This home rises out of the surrounding hillside and is built to complement its setting.  It's a great example of Wright's organic architectural style

The architect's signature building style was a reaction to Victorian Architecture that focused on intricate details, inside and out, and enclosed rooms.  Wright used open spaces and natural lighting as he designed buildings to fit into their natural surroundings, not to dominate their settings.






I am interested in the left end
of the house.







I think the balcony looks like the prow of a ship.






As I walk up 36th Street I
clearly see the circular
design of the home.






This is the last home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.  It was built in 1967 and was recently sold for $1.7 million dollars.






The color, design of the building,
 driveway & garden were
 designed to fit into the property's
  uneven terrain.






Behind the Lykes House, I see
Phoenix laid out before me.







Eric and I will continue to look for Wright-designed homes and businesses as we travel.

No comments: