Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Our Northeasterly Drive to O'Fallon, Illinois

Missouri is a pretty state.  I look forward to today's drive along the busy Interstate 44 Corridor.






I point out this small
I 44 East sign to Eric.







He tells me that it's the wrong size.  A larger, 36-inch sign is the correct size route sign size for this multilane highway...





.... with high speeds.


















A gap in the clouds lets in
sunshine draw our
attention to highway ahead.







The ramps ahead look like branches on a tree.















A white Bull stands atop the
Mid Missouri Stockyards sign.





Lebanon's Water Tower
is a standout.

They are proud of their







Fort Uranus... great ads

 




St. Louis is 118 miles away.





A motorhome "peeks" out from
this Quonset Hut storage shed.











is just off of Exit 176.







A giant Hillbilly points the
way to Smokers Outlet.











I 44 & its frontage roads
appear to ripple as they
ascend the next hill.






Eric & I are happy to back
off from this truck with its
precarious looking load.





4M VINEYARDS reminds
me that Missouri has a
growing wine industry. 







The Bourbon Water Tower

Craft Distilling is growing
in popularity in this
state.












Oak Grove Village has
two Water Towers.












St. Clair's Water Towers
are witty.








This is a first....

An Oversize Load truck
is passing us.






The left lane is blocked by
Police Cars as they respond
to an accident.










Welcome to St. Louis







Eric & I pass by another bridge
under construction.






We make the lane change to
follow I 44 East & I 55 North
to Downtown St. Louis &
Illinois.





I look forward to a return
visit to this amazing
landmark & museum.





Crossing the Mississippi River....






.... & entering Illinois.

We follow Interstate 64
East toward Louisville.





This is our Exit in O'Fallon.













Eric & I will overnight at
Sam's Club's parking lot.






No comments: