Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Eric's Bike Was Stolen @ Windemere Hotel & Conference Center in Mesa, AZ

This is a terrible way to start a day at Windemere Hotel and Convention Center.....





Thursday morning at 11:00 am:

Eric's bike has been stolen.







Eric backed our Jeep up to our external Hotel Room Door to obscure our bikes from passersby.






The heavy-duty Security
Cable has been cut....





... probably with Bolt Cutters.
I spoke with Umesh Patel, General Manager when I asked for an Incident Report.  I also asked him if there are Security Cameras on the Property.  He told me that the only Security Cameras at his Hotel are in the Lobby.

I called the Mesa Police Department to report our loss and Officer Padillo came to Room 156 to take a report from Eric and me, including the bike's Serial Number.  She told us that this section of East Mesa has a serious Drug Problem and lots of Crime.

GEICO Insurance covers just $300.00 for the theft of items attached to vehicles and our Deductible is $500.00.  Our Full-Time RV Insurance doesn't cover our bikes, because our motorhome is a vehicle.  There is no type of Rider available to cover our bikes.

Right now, my bike (the remaining bike) and the severed security cable are in the hotel room with Eric and me.

On February 1st I asked to speak to Mr. Patel.  He wasn't on the property so I spoke with Marsha Miller, Assistant Manager (?).  Notes of our conversation:

  1. The purchase of Security Cameras to record what happens on the Hotel's grounds have been discussed.  None have been purchased or installed.   
  2. Discussion of hiring a Security Guard to patrol the grounds at night has been discussed.  No one has been hired.  

Incident Reports returned by guests to Hotel Staff are sent to the Mesa Police Department, who review the names on the Reports and provide feedback to Windemere H & C C.  The names of people on Incident Reports with Criminal Records are sent to the Hotel with an advisory not to rent rooms to undesirables.

I surmise that the Hotel doesn't want public Police Arrest Records to include its address, 5750 East Main Street, Mesa, Arizona 85205 listed as a Perpetrator's dwelling because it's bad for business.

And, the Traveling Public remains unaware, unless they are victimized on the Hotel's property.

From our experience, I know that the Staff does not warn guests to secure their property at the Windemere Hotel and Convention Center.

Having gathered all this information, I am very comfortable stating that Windemere Hotel and Convention Center is not safe and I can not recommend this property to anyone looking for a hotel in East Mesa, Arizona.

No comments: