Total Pageviews

Friday, January 4, 2019

Walkabout With Wheels Blog & World Geography

I started Walkabout With Wheels Blog in September 2012 to update family and friends of Eric's and my travels in retirement.  This personal Blog is a record of our full-time RVing retirement and whatever interests us with no advertisements. 

After a few blogposts, I began exploring features on the Statistics Page.














Blogger Writers can look at page views in varying times....  Now, Day, Week, Month and All Time. Page views from the current day, the previous day, the previous month and all-time totals are listed.





Further down the page is the
listing of the top ten
countries' readers.
Select a time frame:
Now, Day, Week, Month
&All Time categories.












In 2018 I found pageviews from
Asia: Macau, Kuwait, Jordan, Brunei Darussalam
Europe: SloveniaLithuania,  Iceland,  Moldova,
South America: Guyana,
Africa: Cote d'IvoireReunionMalawi, and Zimbabwe
Oceania: Guam
North America: Dominican RepublicBermudaJamaica

I'm pretty good at geography, but I was unable to place Brunei Darussalam and Reunion.  Fortunately, there's the internet and a few keystrokes later, my questions were answered.

Here's how the map is filling in:


















I'll be watching the Blogger Countries Listing for 12 Asian countries including Christmas Island, Laos, and North Korea.

Eleven European nations are on my radar, including Gibraltar, Guernsey, Holy See (Vatican State), and Monaco.

The few countries I have to look for in South America are the Falkland Islands, French Guiana, and Suriname.

Africa has much to offer a geography hunter.  There are 36 countries to scan for including Gabon and Somalia.

There's a lot of open space in Oceania and over 20 island countries to watch for including French Polynesia and Samoa.

Greenland and 14 Caribbean Islands are also on my North American geographic search list.

My prediction:  North Korea will be the last country I will find in my 
Walkabout With Wheel Geography Search.

No comments: