Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

On Boca Chica Beach...





A Seagull stands at the
water's edge.











Driftwood rests against
the embankment.










I catch a shot of Eric
looking out at 
the water.










The scene is beautiful.











We are .3 miles from the









The silhouette of a
looking for a meal.








This is where the Rio Grande
River meets the Gulf of

Fresh water plumes out into
the salty sea.








We stop & remember this
special place with a selfie.










As Eric & I start our drive
north, I watch waves roll
toward the beach.






Let's stop for a few minutes....





My shadow is cast over
the beach, covered
with sea shells.











Eric and I spend a few minutes picking up shells.





A shot of roiling
waves.





This ship is HUGE!

It could be a fishing
ship with a canning 
factory on board.









A surfer heads out to










The GPS shows the drive
to Del Mar Beach.









A Pirate Ship sits in the strait
between Del Mar Beach &
South Padre Island, waiting for
 a crew of buccaneers to rob
passing boats.








South Padre Island is well 
developed, with hotels,
condos, etc










Eric stands on the Jetty
& takes in the view.









Eric drives back to the
access road.






As we start our drive
northwest, Eric & I
see a 5th Wheel with
one of its slides out.






About the Seashells...




The best shaped shells,
from tiny to big.

My favorite is the swirling
shell that sits at the 5:30
spot of my analog clock.


No comments: