Total Pageviews

Monday, January 15, 2018

Lunch @ El Pollo Loco in Brownsville, Texas





Eric &  I like locals
at Pollo Loco.







**This is a restaurant on QSR's List of 50 Largest Restaurants by Sales.  Eric and I started dining at the restaurants on this list in 2016.  El Pollo Loco is the 29th restaurant we've visited on the list.  Only 21 to go...





Salsa is made here
each day to ensure
freshness.





The Salsa Bar includes
Guacamole, Hot Salsa,
Pico de Gallo & Salsa.




Meals are served with
fresh sliced Avocado.

Chicken is grilling
behind the counter.






Eric & I got the Chicken
Avocado Tortilla Wrap.
with a Salad for lunch.

Salsas: Guacamole, Pico
de Gallo & Salsa

The Tortilla Wrap was
delicious!





I didn't sample each Salsa before making a choice to add to my lunch.  Thinking that the Guacamole is just Avocado with some Garlic, I added it to my Salad to counteract the heat of its Salsa, only to make it an even hotter dish.  Every condiment on the Salsa Bar is flavorful, with a hot finish.

Eating like the locals meant eating the hottest Salad of my life.  Eric, who favors hot foods, felt sorry for me.

No comments: