Total Pageviews

Friday, October 6, 2017

Breakfast at The Blue Benn in Bennigton, Vermont

Eric and I recently drove to Bennington, Vermont for breakfast, one hour and 15 minutes east of Schenectady, New York.






iconic diner.











This compact diner is one of
manufactured by the
Paterson Vehicle Company
The Blue Benn opened in 1948.  Current owners, Sonny and Marylou, welcome hungry diners from near and far.  





The diner's specials are posted
above the multi-use
counter top. 





Everyone here has
been warned....






Eric added a Blueberry Pancake
to his breakfast of Eggs, Bacon,
Home Fries & Rye Toast.





I feasted on Poached Eggs
on Hash with Home Fries
& Rye Toast.






My grandfather, Anicet Quenneville (born in 1879), loved telling me stories of his life as a Lumberjack in Canada in the waning years of the 1800s.  After the best of the meats were served to the Loggers, the remaining, inferior cuts, were ground up and mixed with whatever was on hand to make Hash.  Eggs topped the meat mix to complete the breakfast.  Grandpa liked Poached Eggs on his Hash. 

My Aunt Blanche preferred serving her 86 year old father Cream of Rice Cereal for breakfast, but would relent when Grandpa got demanding. 

I enjoy my breakfast memories as Eric and I eat our flavorful, filling breakfasts.  The men cooking here are doing a very good job. 

After a quick spin around Bennington, Eric turned west, toward home.

No comments: