Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Zombies Return to Life... in Rotterdam, New York

My mother-in-law, Jerry, lives in an older neighborhood in Rotterdam.  In 2014 I started taking walks around the area during my visits and I found Zombies....  Homes that have been unoccupied for years.
Three years later I am seeing signs of rebirth.  Some of these houses are being rehabbed. Some are now for sale.... And some now have new families.





I've been watching this
home deteriorate since
2014.










In April, I noticed
new plywood
covering doors
& windows.






I was sad to see the house was becoming more decrepit and wondered if it would be torn down.  My assumptions were wrong.  





The front porch was
opened up.





New windows have
been installed.




Tri-County Tile
& Flooring is
doing interior
work.









The back of the house
is getting a new
porch & sliding
glass door.






The new roof looks great!





I thought this house was
being lived in....

There's a chair on the
front porch & the lawns
are well kept.





A window in the rear of the house has been covered with plywood.  I must investigate...






There's a notice on the door
 stating that the house is
 Unsafe For Human Occupancy.




Three months later,
a dumpster, full of
debris, is waiting
to be removed.






Another abandoned, deteriorated home is on its way back from the dead.





I've walked past
this empty house
for three years.







Someone has been mowing the lawns while a newspaper moldered on the front porch.





There's a sign on
the lawn & a
dumpster in the
driveway.










Buyers is working
on this house.

A worker told me
that the interior is
in good shape.




The frosted, louvered windows on the side porch have been removed.   I don't know if the ceiling fan is new.





Signature Home
Buyers put the house
on the market....









I see lawn furniture
& patio furniture...

This house has a
new family.

I checked Zillow.com
This house sold for
$185,000.000



It's good to see empty houses being reclaimed and becoming homes for new owners.

No comments: