Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Driving in the Mountains Near Ivanpah Solar Electric Generation System





Eric drove towards the
mountains.




From an overlook we see the
 that has yet to come on line.





I think this is petrified wood.




I think this rock formation
 includes tree bark.





Eric thinks my imagination is on overdrive this morning.



The Ivanpah Solar Electric
Generation System

The nonworking tower is
on the right.




It's an awesome sight to see.  To me, this power plant is a beautiful contrast in a desolate area.





We find debris near






I wonder if refining
occurred here.




What's left of one of the
buildings near the mine.




Eric dead reckons our way
down the mountain.




The terrain has flattened out.

We're getting close to pavement.

No comments: