Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Rainy Days = Movie Days....

These rainy afternoons have left us in an afternoon funk... What to do?  Find a movie and head to a local theater.








Eric and I went to see
Star Trek: Into Darkness
at Regal Cinemas at
Crossgates Mall in Albany.

Very well done!




 We went to see The Great Gatsby at Zurich Cinemas

I read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald in high school and didn't care for it.  I didn't like the characters.  I didn't relate to the settings of East and West Egg.  I didn't care that Gatsby didn't get what he wanted... Daisy.  The tragedies that followed were scenes to trudge through and report on for a grade.

Not having positive memories of The Great Gatsby, I can't speak to the reviewers' complaints that the movie wasn't faithful enough to the book.  So, I have to re-read The Great Gatsby.  After I do that, I want to see the 1974 version to compare the cinematic interpretations of this book.

Eric and I saw Iron Man 3 at Bow-Tie Cinemas
in downtown Schenectady.

I am an unabashed Iron Man fan and was very pleased with the third installment in the series.  Robert  Downey, Jr., if you keep making Iron Man films, I'll pay good money to see them.

No comments: