Total Pageviews

Friday, January 1, 2021

Walkabout With Wheels Blog: The 2020 Review

Walkabout With Wheels Blog continues with return readers and attracts new readers.  I started it on September 4, 2012 to share Eric's and my experiences as new retirees and new full-time RVers.  Since then there have been 979, 006 visits by people in 153 countries around the globe.  It's getting harder to find readers from unrepresented countries.  That makes the hunt for the remaining 42 countries more engaging.

In 2020, I added Kuwait, Palestine, and Oman to my Asian Countries Map; Mozambique and Western Sahara were added to my African Countries Map.  

Africa is the least developed continent.  Currently, readers from 26 countries have read some of my posts.  The remaining 32 countries are spread from the coasts to the continent's interior.  

The countries I'm looking for in Asia are are a mix of land-based countries: Laos, North Korea, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan, and island countries: the Maldives, British Indian Ocean Territories, Christmas Islands, and Cocos (Keeling) Islands.  I am not expecting to get readers from North Korea.

Europe's countries/island territories make up the bulk of names for me to look for, including the Faroe Islands, the Channel Islands of Guernsey, Jersey, and Svalbard and Jan Marino, and more...  

North America's "unclaimed list" is made up of islands, including Cuba, Grenada, Montserrat, the Cayman Islands, etc.  As with North Korea, I don't expect readers from Cuba any time soon.

Oceania is a designated area made up of islands, very small, remote islands.  Among them are Nauru, Samoa, Vanuatu, Micronesia, etc.  Any island or island group from Oceania I find is a happy surprise.  

Suriname and French Guiana, as well as Britain's Falkland Islands (though not an independent country, it's listed on the Maploco map-making tool), remain on my list of countries to look out for.  

I enjoy blogging about our life as retired full-time RVers and I am grateful that there people who read Walkabout With Wheels.  Thank you and Happy New Year!

No comments: