Total Pageviews

Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving Dinner, RV Style...

 Eric and I decided to make Thanksgiving Dinner at home this year.  We have been full-time RVers for eight and a half years and have never done this.  Eric and I have gone out for dinner, brought a side dish for Thanksgiving Pot Luck, and enjoyed the day with friends, but never cooked the meal by ourselves.  

One of the reasons I haven't ventured into large-scale cooking is because the RV is much smaller than an apartment or house and I don't want grease spatter or lingering cooking odors in our 320 square foot home.  

Holiday preparations start two days before Thanksgiving.  The Bread is dried out and cubed for Stuffing. 





I cooked the Sausage for our
Stuffing outside to avoid
grease splatter & its
lingering odor.










Our kitchen is small.  I have a Microwave/Convection Oven and no separate gas or electric oven.  I don't also have a wide assortment of pots, pans, and other kitchen tools I used in my home pre-retirement.  Even though we are equipment-challenged, Eric and I will forge ahead and make whatever adjustments are necessary to create our Thanksgiving Dinner.  



I diced the Celery & Onions,
& lightly chopped the Sausage
in the Food Processor.

Next, I assembled the Stuffing
in the 12-inch cake pan that I 
use to bake Butternut Squash.






Eric likes what he sees & smells...

Most of the Stuffing will fit the
square glass pan.

The rest will go into a container
for later.





Eric bought me newspapers
to read on Thanksgiving.

This is one of our Holiday
traditions.








Only part of this Rutabega will
fit into my two-quart pot...








Eric looks up as I snap
this pic of him cutting
the Rutabega.








Then he cuts up the
Red Potatoes.













I put the seven-pound
Turkey Breast in a 
baking bag.

It fits nicely in the 
12-inch cake pan.





We get dressed up for dinner.

This picture was taken in
the Bathroom Mirror.

We work with the 320
square feet that we have.











The dinner table is set.

The 2019 Beaujolais
Nouveau has been
poured.









Eric mashes the Rutabega....








.... & the Red Potatoes.















Our Thanksgiving Dinner...

The two Serving Spoons we have
 are going to get lots of use in the
Stuffing, Corn, Rutabega &
mashed Red Potatoes.

A Soup Spoon will be used to
serve the Cranberry Sauce.



Eric and I are very pleased with our efforts and thankful to create new memories with this bountiful Dinner.  The leftovers are a BIG bonus.




Hours later, Eric tops his 
individual Sweet Potato
Pie with Whipped Cream.

I'll eat my pie later.










Newly emboldened by our cooking experience, I promise Eric a large Christmas Dinner.  

No comments: