Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Visiting Our Former Workplaces

On Monday, I visited Bethlehem Public Library in Delmar, a hamlet in the town of Bethlehem, NY.  I arrived around 4:30 pm because I wanted to say hello to people working 9 to 5 pm and people who work in the evening.  I worked Monday nights and had lots of fun with the crew that worked that night.  



Visiting friends at a library is like rolling the dice.  People working there are on vacation, have the day off or they are on dinner when you stop in later in the day.  It was great to talk with Cathy, Maureen, Gordon, Geoff, Alissa, Amy, Rich, Alice and others and to answer questions about living in a motorhome and traveling across country. Knowing I didn't see everyone, I'm going to try to visit again before we leave the area.

Today we went to the New York State Department of Transportation at 50 Wolf Road in Colonie, NY to visit Eric's former coworkers.  It was lunchtime and Eric rattled off a list of names for the security guard to call in the Signs and Signals Squad.  Big surprise, no one was at their desks.  Luckily Jammeh was walking into the building and he vouched for us.




Up we went to the second floor to chat with Chuck, Clint, Jonathan and Bette.  Lunch was over and others filtered back to their desks.  We had more people to say hello to.  On to the fourth floor to see Betty in Landscape Design.  It's truly a small world.  Betty was the Treasurer of the Board of Trustees when I was the Director at the Altamont Free Library from 2002 - 2005.  And no, she didn't let me spend all of the money.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa Thomas and Sue Black wish we could have visited with you:)

Ginny said...

I hope to be popping in next week for another visit.