Total Pageviews

Monday, November 2, 2015

The Rio Grande Gorge Bridge in El Prado, New Mexico





The Rio Grande Bridge was
built between 1963 & 1965.








It is 1,280 feet long and 650 feet above the Rio Grande.  The bridge has been seen in several films: Natural Born Killers, Twins, She's Having a Baby, Wild Hogs and Terminator Salvation.





A Crisis Hotline Call Box














I am grateful that I have this
railing to hold onto as I
cross the bridge.










Kayakers are often seen
on the river below.



Eric at one of the observation
sites along the bridge.

Visitors leave locks & 
graffiti here.










Eric and I talk about the thousands of locks that were added to the Pont des Artes in ParisFrance






The bridge's truss work





I stand in the middle
of the road  to take
this photo of the south
approach to the bridge.






Then, I turn around to get a
picture of the north approach.







Signs on the south side of the bridge.




Please supervise your
children.

NM DOT is not liable
for injuries & accidents.









No vending on the highway
right-of-way.








Throwing objects from
the bridge is littering,
& could harm boaters
below.














Someone wasn't following
 directions.










Zooming in on the white
blob, I realize it could
be a refrigerator.








I am fascinated by the
mid-morning light on
the north side of the
gorge.











The gorge was formed by










Fellow visitors snap a
picture of Eric & me.












Walking both sides of the
Rio Grande Gorge bridge.
is scary & beautiful.






I love bridge railings.

No comments: