Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Moving Fully Stocked Shelves @ the Walmart Supercenter in Jerome, Idaho

I walked around the Walmart Supercenter in Jerome to stretch my legs before selecting the vegetables needed for my Pasta Sauce.  

That's when I started to notice some interesting things...





A small display is ready
to be moved.

Something is happening
here...












Another small display sits
 in an aisle in the
 Electronics Department.







Wheels are placed along 
the sides of fully laden
store shelves.

My hunch is that each 
one is some sort of a
hand jack.






An employee brings out other
wheeled devices





Other shelves are set up
with jacks that have
handles.






A Walmart employee tells me that shelves are being moved before the tile on the floor is removed.  The new surface will be polished concrete.  A third-party business is doing this specialized work.

I lurk around for ten minutes and then walk over to Housewares.






When I return the shelves
have been moved.



Paying an outside company to
move full shelves probably
costs a lot less than the man
hours spent emptying the
shelves, boxing up merchandise,
moving the merchandise & shelves
a few feet away from the original
position.




My visit to Walmart turned out to be more interesting than I ever could have imagined.

No comments: