Total Pageviews

Friday, May 26, 2023

The Grand Canyon's South Rim Starting @ The Visitor's Center

The Visitor's Center at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon has many displays to educate visitors about this unique Natural Wonder.






Eric stands opposite me





This circle lists the Tribes that have called the Gand Canyon Home - The Havasupai, HuavalapiPaiute, Navajo, Zuni & Yavapai Apache Tribes.

I took too many pictures.   Here are my favorites...






Trees cling to the steep sides
of the Grand Canyon.



.



I include a plant or a
ledge in the foreground
of my photos in an attempt
to add depth perception
to the massive vistas.





This Squirrel poses
for visitors.











Every vista
is selfie-worthy,


My first panoramic shot of the Grand Canyon






I had to include this Yucca
Plant in this photo.






Eric admires the view.










The play of light & shadow
makes every photograph
different.






Juniper Trees cling
to the Canyon Rim.




Visitors offer to take
pictures of others
at the overlooks.







The overlooks were carefully planned and get very busy.





My first glimpse of the
Colorado River.

Look in the lower right
to see the water.





It's brownish, like the rocks that surround it.





Everyone watches their
step on the Rim Trail to
avoid steep drop-offs.





Millions & millions of
years of running water,
wind & rain created 







As the lighting changes
the colors in the
 Canyon change.




This section of the 
South Rim Trail is
very walkable.














Some of the overlooks require visitors to carefully plan their path on the uneven rock.

Today's visit to the Grand Canyon has been delightful.  Eric and I look forward to taking a Shuttle Bus to visit the rest of the South Rim tomorrow.

No comments: