Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Dinner @ Jefferson's Bistro Onboaard The Pride Of America





Eric & 1 are enjoying French
Cuisine tonight at Jefferson's













I take pictures...











... while Eric reads the Menu.









Our Waiter, Grace, introduces herself.  She recommends a choice of several White Wines for our meals.






Eric's Appetizer is Pan Seared
Bay Scallops, Cauliflower
Veloute & Truffle Oil with
a glass of Chateau St. Michel
Riesling.

My Mixed Green Sakad has
Roquefort Cheese & Toasted
Almonds, with Louis Latour
Chardonnay.





I appreciate him so much!  Eric patiently waits while I take photos of our food in every single restaurant.





Eric's entre is Braised Shank &
Roasted Lamb Chop, Moroccan
Spices, Dried Fruits & Sweet
Potatoes.

My Coq Au Vin is Wine Braised
Chicken, Mushrooms, Potatoes
& Pearl Onions.






Our dinners are carefully prepared.  Eric and I are very pleased with our choices.  

During dinner, I noticed the far corner of the Restaurant decorated with books.






I took this picture as we
were leaving after thanking
Grace.

Thomas Jefferson was a lifelong collector of books.  His private library totaled 6,500 books.  During the War of 1812, the Library in the US Capitol was burned and 3,000 books in it were destroyed.   Jefferson offered to sell his collection to replace the ones that were lost.  Congress passed a bill to purchase the Former President's private library.  Those books are in the Library of Congress today.






Thomas Jefferson's Monticello 

It's beautiful & must be visited.



No comments: