Total Pageviews

Monday, February 5, 2018

An Early Dinner @ Wing-Stop in Harlingen, Texas

The more I look a the QSR Top 50 Restaurants By Sales List, the more places I find in South Texas to try out.





I drove past Wing-Stop several
times before realizing that this
 is a restaurant I want to eat at.






The building is very nondescript, allowing it to be overlooked by passersby.





Eric & I perused the
menu board for a 
long time.






There are a lot of choices to be made.  Happily, wing orders can be mixed:  Select the number of  wings you want.  You can split the order between bone in and boneless wings.  Choose the different sauce flavors to be added to smaller portions of the wing order.





Wing-Stop has beer.

Our interest is piqued.









Eric & I selected our beers
from the  cold case.

Eric chose Rolling Rock.
I chose Stella Artois.












The Dining Area




Wing-Stop has a bar with
their selection of beers
on display.




Diners can watch staff
prepare their meals.







Wings are cooked to order here.  My expectations grow...





A great sign at the
self serve drink
area.








Eric transfers his hot,
bone in wings onto
his plate.

I ordered boneless
wings.








I chose Hawaiian Sauce and Teriyaki Sauce for portions of my wings.  We chose Veggie Sticks and Coleslaw for our sides.  There is also Ranch Dressing for wing dipping.

Eric and I are very happy with our wings.  They are perfectly cooked and tossed well in our chosen sauces.  The Veggie Sticks are very fresh.  The Coleslaw dressing is thin.  Everybody has Coleslaw preferences, so I'm not critical for this style.

It's important to look closely at buildings, especially bland looking ones.  I"m glad we didn't miss out on eating at Wing-Stop, the 32nd restaurant we've eaten at on the QSR List.  18 to go....

No comments: