Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Main Street Hillsboro, New Mexico

Seventeen miles north of the deserted Lake Valley community is Hillsboro.





Welcome to Hillsboro...

The police are ready to
protect & serve.






Founded in 1877, Hillsboro became a bustling community after Gold and Silver were discovered in the nearby Black Range.  Hillsboro served as the seat of Sierra County from 1884 to 1939.




















I like the purple doorway
on this stone house.







I wonder if it is one of the oldest buildings in the community.






Our Lady of Guadalupe
Catholic Church




Most of the front of
this small house is
a bay window.




 & Art is located in a historic
 1899 building that was
originally a bank.

 



I like the porch on
this house.
















Visitors tour the Black Range
Museum by appointment.







Hillsboro is charming village.  I'm glad Eric and I stopped to spend some time here.

No comments: