Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Exploring the Trails Near Hidden Valley Ranch, North of Deming, New Mexico

 Eric asked me if I wanted to take a ride.  "Where to?"   He shrugged and said, "I don't know,"  "Sure!"





Our drive starts in a wash
adjacent to Hidden Valley
Ranch.







Eric chose the left branch of the wash.






The tract gets more &
more narrow,






This is a dead end
for us. 










Erosion is dismantling
the wall of the wash.





Eric & I climb up out
of the wash.





We follow a trail across
open fields.





The tract parallels
a fence line.





I open a crude gate &
 Eric drives through.







And I close it before returning to the Jeep.  That's part of back road driving etiquette.






The tire treads are filled
with mud.





Eric heads up the mountain side,
to a dead end.




Shot gun shells...

People come out here to
target shoot.






A large tank sits just off
the side of the road.







Eric marks newly found trails for us to explore on another day.






The lone mail box.





A solitary cloud drifts
across the sky.





Cattle graze near
the trail.





Eric finds the road
back to Hidden
Valley Ranch.







Eric did a great job navigating unfamiliar terrain with very little information.  I look forward to exploring the trails he found during today's drive.

No comments: